Imagine my suprise at being “Tagged” today by my blogger friend Babychaos I gather that first I post the rules so here they are for the uninitiated:
Post the rules first.
If you are tagged you have to tell your faithful blogging public 8 random facts about yourself in a post on your blog. It can be habits, an idea, facts or whatever comes to you.
At the end of your post, choose eight other bloggers you’d like to know something about and tag them.
Leave a comment telling them you’ve tagged them and that they will need to read your post on your blog.
I guess it’s like Truth or Dare for grown ups…
Without further ado, 8 random things about Mrs Metaphor:
1) I do not like creepy crawlish things, especially venomous ones…now this is a pretty common thing but add to it that I NOW live in a heavily wooded and remote location in rural Tennessee and so far I have run across Copperhead snakes and Black Widow spiders alive and in person this year on the property. Nothin like seeing those suckers in all their glory. God help us.
2) I do not like to meet new people. I’m a rabid introvert that craves attention and solitude all at the same time…thank you Meyers Briggs. Once I meet new people I’m delightful but getting there…not so fun.
3) I still wish I was a rock star. Maybe someday…
4) I’m turning 40 on September 25th. I think I’m doing pretty well with it. I am most looking forward to being 80. You can say and do whatever you want when you are 80. I think I’ll be awesome by then.
5) The famous person I’d like most to meet is Jimmy Carter…I love that guy. Kate Bush runs a close second although I’m sure I’d break into a bad rendition of “Babooshka” and ruin the whole thing.
6) This is harder than I thought it would be.
7) When I was young and took piano lessons I took them from an old nun, Sister Basil (not even making this up) who had stacks of comic books in her office. My brother and I loved to read those until we realized that she must have confiscated them from students. Sort of soured us on the whole thing, well, that and the fact that she was rather cranky. So we used to hide in the bushes by our house around the time we needed to go to lessons and pray for tornado warnings. When we switched teachers some years later, our new teacher looked just like Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show, only it was a woman. eek.
8.) I started this blog in a feeble attempt to create a character who only spoke in metaphors (hence, the name…) but sometimes speaking in metaphors causes annoyance instead of contemplation, trees rustling in the wind sometimes drop pinecones on your head and that’s no damn fun. So in an attempt to stem the tide of disintegration between the many selves of me I will now begin to write in simile too…maybe haiku…
Ok…now, the moment you have all been waiting for (pardon my dangling participle.) The bloggers I’d most like to hear 8 things about are:
flibbityfluent, klbjournal, mr. lipuma, sleepyurbanite, popchef, joy, gregg, liberty (who makes fabulous things…check it out!)
Is that 8? I told you I hate to meet people…